A. You may be eligible for a duplicate reconstructed license/ID card if you meet the following criteria:
- You are “temporarily” residing out-of-state and unable to return to Louisiana to apply in person.
- You have a permanent residential address in Louisiana (not PO Box).
- You submit a completed and signed application and attach appropriate documents and fees. Fees must be submitted in the form of a cashier's check or money order made payable to the Office of Motor Vehicles. This office does not accept personal checks for driver's license issuance.
- If you are a CDL holder (Class A/B/C), you will be required to submit a copy of your current, valid medical card.
- NOTE: If you are within 90 days of renewal, you are not eligible for a duplicate.
Fees for duplicate licenses
- Class D & E - $17.00 (6 year license), $13.00 (4 year license)
- Class A, B, & C (CDL) - $5.00 + Copy of the current medical card
- Class I (ID Card) - $13.00
- Class I (60 years & Older) – Free
This office does not accept personal checks; however, certified check, cashiers check or money order made payable to the Office of Motor Vehicles.
Office of Motor Vehicles
Attention: Reconstructed License
P.O. Box 64886
Baton Rouge, La, 70896
NOTE: Once the application and fee are submitted, allow approximately 7 - 10 days for the reconstructed license to be processed and mailed.