Sign In

How do I renew my Louisiana CDL?

​​A. If you have a Hazardous Materials endorsement (X or H) and wish to retain that endorsement, you will be required to visit a full service CDL issuing office. You will be required to take and pass the HazMat written exam in order to renew this endorsement.

If you do not have a Hazardous Materials endorsement (X or H) OR you do not wish to renew this endorsement, you can visit a CDL Renewal office.

When you visit, you must bring:
  1. Your valid, completed CDL long form medical with the medical examiner’s certificate.
  2. Your driver’s license.
  3. Proof of insurance on your personal vehicles.
  4. Proof of Residency
  5. Appropriate fee. (Section I, Policy 2.00 Fees and Duration of License)

NOTE: No mail-in/internet or IVR renewal allowed for CDL’s licenses.