A. You may be eligible for a renewal of your license/ID card if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a full time student attending classes out of state/country (copy of current student ID required)
- You must submit proof of your permanent residential address in Louisiana (not a P.O. Box).
- Your privileges are not cancelled/suspended or revoked.
- Your privileges have not been expired more than 12 months.
- We have a photo on our database.
- Your last renewal was not a mail-in/web renewal (where a sticker was issued) or a reconstructed license.
- You would, otherwise, meet the criteria to renew via mail/web.
- You must submit a completed and signed application and attach appropriate documents and fees. Fees must be submitted in the form of a cashier's check or money order made payable to the Office of Motor Vehicles. This office does not accept checks for driver's license issuance.
NOTE: If you are military and you have not visited our office for renewal within the last 5 years, with a copy of your enlistment papers/deployment orders, we may be able to mark your record "VALID MILITARY" which will keep your license valid until 60 days after discharge.
NOTE: A $15.00 late fee will apply if the license is more than 10 days expired.
Driver's License Renewal (Class D or E) Fees
Class E - $32.25
Class D - $54.75
Class D - (Orleans Parish) - $66.00
Motorcycle Endorsement renewal - add $12.00
Identification Card (ID) Renewal Fee
Class I (ID Card) - $18.00
This office does not accept personal checks, however, certified check, cashiers check or money order made payable to the Office of Motor Vehicles.
Office of Motor Vehicles
Attention: Reconstructed License
P O Box 64886
Baton Rouge, La. 70896
Local Baton Rouge - 225.925.4195
NOTE: Once the application and fee has been submitted, allow approximately 7-10 days for the license to be processed and mailed.