A. In order to issue a Louisiana Title with your lien recorded, it will be necessary to submit the following items (This can be done via postal mail
or your local Office of Motor Vehicles
- Vehicle Application form (DPSMV1799) properly completed and signed by the owner reflecting the new lien information.
- The original Louisiana title issued for the vehicle, with any previous liens that were recorded properly released.
- UCC-1 Financing Statement, security agreement, or chattel mortgage properly completed. In the case of lien assignments, you must submit either a UCC-3 or a letter of assignment.
- A check or money order to cover the $68.50 title fee and an $8.00 handling fee. Fees may vary at the local office. When a UCC instrument is submitted to record a lien, include a $15.00 recordation fee. When any other lien instrument is submitted to record a lien, include a $10.00 recordation fee. Please indicate driver's license number of responsible party on all personal and company checks. Companies/Corporations may indicate the federal employee identification number (EIN).
- A copy of the current Louisiana registration certificate, if available.
Acceptable methods of payment
for vehicle registration transactions are as follows:
Face to Face Transactions:
Credit cards, debit cards, cash, money orders, electronic funds transfer and E-checks. A transaction fee will be assessed for payments made with a credit/debit card and E-checks as indicated below:
Credit/Debit - $1.25 plus 1% of transaction total
E-checks - $1.00
MAIL IN FILES:
Personal or Business Checks (A drivers license number, telephone number, and street address must be included or your check will be returned)
Electronic Funds Transfer
All documents and fees must be submitted simultaneously.
Refer to Section IV, Policies 35.00
for additional information.