Sign In

Who should I contact if I did not receive my certificate of title?

​A. When an individual applies for a title and fails to receive it, even though the Office of Motor Vehicles has the correct mailing address, a "duplicate" title can be issued at no charge if the individual contacts the Office of Motor Vehicles in writing within 60 days from the date of application. If the individual waits longer than 60 days to notify OMV, the duplicate title fee must be paid. The following documentation must be submitted prior to "duplicate" title being issued:
  • A written request for a title at no charge must be included along with a completed Vehicle Application form (DPSMV1799).
  • The ‘Duplicate Title Affidavit’ section must be completed and notarized.
  • If the vehicle has a lien recorded, both the owner(s) and lien holder must complete affidavits on application.

A request for replacement title will not be accepted for at least 30 days after the issuance of the original title transaction date to allow time for the postal system to return the original title to the Department if undeliverable. This transaction may be done via postal mail or your local Office of Motor Vehicles.

Refer to Section IV, Policy 71.01 for additional information.