Sign In

What are the requirements when I sell my vehicle?

​A. The current certificate of title must be assigned before a notary public by seller to purchaser. We suggest you keep a copy of front/back of title, bill of sale, and any other documents pertaining to the sale. Automobile license plates are not transferable. Remove license plate and surrender to the local Office of Motor Vehicles PRIOR to cancelling automobile insurance or you can notify the Department of the sale by accessing the “Notice of Vehicle Transfer” page and entering the required information.