At the Office of Motor Vehicles, we understand that driving school owners and instructors are constantly busy. To make the various processes easier, this section has been created to assist schools in completing the different requirements.
Important items to remember:
- Class schedules shall be sent either monthly, quarterly, biannually, or annually, depending on the school.
- Third-Party 6-month reports are due by January 10th and July 10th. It may be helpful to put these two dates on a calendar as a reminder.
- When adding or removing a vehicle, be sure to send the required information to the Training and Certification Unit.
- Adding/Removing Vehicles.
- When adding or moving a location, be sure to give at least 30 days notice to the Training and Certification Unit. This is to ensure the site is approved, all insurances are added/transferred, and if required, a new Third Party Road Skills test route is approved.
- (Checklist for Driving School Additional or Change of Location)
- When removing an instructor, owners shall notify the Training and Certification Unit within 10 days of the last day of employment and collect the license from the instructor if possible. This is to be done via email, including the instructor's name and last date of employment.