Save Time - Book an Appointment Online

Mobile Home Immobilization

Factory-built mobile homes that will be declared as immovable property will not be issued a Louisiana certificate of title, however, sales and use tax must be remitted to OMV. Sales and use tax is only assessed on new factory-built homes.

The following items must be submitted to OMV. 

  • The original Certificate of Title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin
  • A bill of sale
  • An Authentic Act of Immobilization that includes a declaration by the owner and if applicable, the lienholder, that the factory-built home shall remain permanently attached to the lot or tract of land described in the act and a description of the factory-built home as described on the certificate of origin
  • A completed vehicle application form (DPSMV 1799)
  • Sales/use tax and handling fees, if applicable